Identifying, strengthening and improving your position
We use market or positioning analysis to generate information on the current market situation in the target segment, drawing on comparative assessment of the relevant competition to position your company/your brand. Here, we combine methods of primary and secondary market research to describe the market and all of its relevant facets. We consider expert opinions as well as the feedback we receive from consumers for identifying effective opportunities for differentiation and promising new positioning fields for your company.
- In which direction will the market move over time? Where can we find attractive and accessible market niches, and In which areas is the market declining?
- How is your company/your product perceived on the market?
- What can we use to fine tune the repositioning of your brand?
- What opportunities for differentiation does your brand have to distinguish itself from the competition?
When conducting market and positioning analyses, we usually apply sequential methodology, compiling the study modules of greatest relevance to your questions to create a holistic analysis concept.
It is frequently indicated to start the survey with analysing existing data and study sources for getting a synoptic view of the market situation and laying the foundation for the expedient operationalisation of survey instruments.
In many cases, a quantitative status quo analysis from the consumer perspective is the core element of market and positioning analysis. Together with you, we define the relevant target group and apply quantitative methodology within a representative survey to measure the relevant factors for positioning your brand/your company (for instance with an online survey or telephone interviews). Here, the important parameters / market research methods are:
- brand strength/brand image in the competitive environment (image analysis, mapping)
- customer loyalty/new customer potential (customer satisfaction survey)
- relevance of current product features and future innovations from the customers' perspective (conjoint analysis)
- price acceptance in the target group (Van Westendorp, Gabor-Granger method)
- sociodemographic and psychographic characteristics of your target group (cluster and segmentation analyses)
Additionally, we recommend complementary qualitative study modules to lend further analysis depth to defined aspects of the quantitative results. One method of ensuring this is to interview proven experts in addition to customers (for instance sales staff, company executives) in one-on-one sessions, or to invite these persons to group discussions. In this way, strategically important results of the consumer survey get further validation from an expert perspective.
- We summarize the results of all study modules in an integrated PowerPoint report. This mainly graphic presentation format helps you in rapidly and intuitively comprehending the results of the market research.
- We provide annotation on the most important research findings and break them down in an executive-level management summary. Based on the results, we give specific and practical recommendations for you to integrate into your company's positioning strategy.
- We present the results in your company or organize a results' workshop for your staff.